In a previous century, teachers used to collect students phones in a bin at the beginning of class. Today those mini-computers are rightfully recognized as potential learning devices. Teachers should not be the last ones to pull their phones out of their pockets. In my opinion, the camera on your smartphone is an essential tool in the classroom. With it, you can easily document the learning which takes place in your class by taking and sharing photos.
Before sharing your shots, you can stitch them together for a nicer integration into your website, newsletter, school report, etc. For this purpose, here are five apps to create beautiful photo collages:
PicsArt Photo & Collage Maker
Android and iOS [free}
This is a highly recommended app which has a lot of bells and whistles:
- Create collages with easy to use grid templates
- Edit photos with tools such as crop, cutout, frames, text overlay
- Stickers and clip art makers
- Drawing tools
Photo Grid – Pic & Video Editor
Android and iOS [free]
A great app which works exactly as promised. I like:
- The different types of grid you can choose from.
- The ability to quickly adjust photos in their designated spaces.
- The built-in list of filters you can apply on the fly.
- The ease with which you can share those photos (Twitter, Google Drive, etc.)
InstaMag – Photo Collage Maker
Android and iOS [free]
This app is recommended by Lena. She uses it all the time on her iPhone to create the collage she posts on Facebook. She likes:
- The many templates you can choose from.
- New templates are created often.
- The results look like real magazine covers.
Android, iOS and Web App [free]
This jack of all trades recommended by LifeHacker will work on any device and on the web which is great if you have already downloaded the photos from your phone onto your computer. They like:
- The fact that you can use it on multiple platform.
- The various backgrounds, sizes and shapes which can be applied to your collage.
- The stickers, editing tools and brushes which are available.
Android and iOS [US$1-US$2]
A beautiful app which focuses less on creating photo collage and more on adding text and artwork to your photos. I like:
- The choices of fonts and artwork you can choose from.
- The professional looking results you can achieve with the app.
This app is a little bit more difficult to manipulate than the others in my opinion.
Thanks for sharing this info. it’s really nice.